Check NREGA / MGNREGA Job Card List 2020 State Wise Eligibility, Benefits and Account Balance: NREGA means National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, started in 2005. After the act was passed, it was renamed as MGNREGA ( Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act). This scheme was introduced as a social security measure that guarantees to provide employment and livelihood to rural laborers in India. The main ideology of this is to provide at least 100 days of work wage employment in rural India to improve their quality of life.
MGNREGA Job Card Details
NREGA Job Card or MGNREGA JC is the primary document which recognizes a person who is registered with the local Gram Panchayats under this scheme.
As it is an identity card cum job card it covers details of the NREGA-registered individual such as the name of the person, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act registration number, village details of applicants in the household, etc.
It is also assisted as documentary proof of the worker’s rights. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act job card allows individuals in rural areas to apply for paid work with the Gram Panchayats in their local area.
This scheme guarantees transparency of practices and also protects workers from fraud. However this job card can also be used as a KYC document at banks and post offices for opening bank accounts.
Implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act:
This scheme is completely functional in the rural areas of India; implementation of this scheme was left to the Gram Panchayats. The work provided by these rural workers would be used for the creation of several long term permanent assets such as wells, roads, ponds and canals in rural India. Since the beginning of the scheme, the government of India has sustained a total expenditure of 289817.04 crores, thereby employing 68,26,921 workers on 2,61,945 worksites (data as of June 2015). The minimum wages initially determined were 100 a day. Later on, it is revised in keeping with the state labor employment contracts.
Salient Feature of MGNREGA Job Card List
- It is very easy to check the job Card details online from anywhere in India.
- Individuals can easily download the Job Card List by just checking their names in MGNREGA Job Card List.
- The main objective behind the launch of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act Scheme is to improve the standard and livelihood of the rural people by providing employment for 100 days.
- Anyone who is meeting the eligibility standards for the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act Scheme can apply for the labor work.
- This Job Card List provides information about the tenure of work received by the person.
- Under this scheme, the employment is promised to the unskilled worker and work would be given under the 5 km range from the worker residence, and the minimum wages are to be paid.
- In case the Government is unable to offer the work within 15 days from the date of application submitted, then the Government is responsible to pay the employment allowance to the applicant.
Eligibility for NREGA / MGNREGA Scheme:
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act is valid to rural areas of all states and is controlled by the central government. The following are the eligibility criteria for receiving the benefits under NREGA job card holders.
- Applicants must be Citizen of India
- Applicant has completed 18 years at the time of application; applicant must volunteer for unskilled labour.
- The applicants must be part of a local household and that application must be made with local Gram Panchayats.
Payment Process of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
payment of wages based on the work done is directly transferred to the bank account of the Job Card holder. In case the applicant does not have a bank account, he/she can open a bank account using this Job Card as KYC documentary proof. However a cash based payment process is allowed only with earlier notice and approval from the central Ministry and State Governments respectively. Another main point is to note that the wages are the same regardless of the gender of the person getting the payment.
How to apply for MGNREGA / NREGA Job Card
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act Job Card application form may be available at the local Gram Panchayats. Presently, the application submission process is conducted finally offline. After submission of application process persons can download the Job Card from NREGA website www.nrega.nic.in. Important fields in the application form that must also be comprised, when the application form is made with plain paper are
- Name, Age and Gender of all Applicants from the household
- Photograph of applicant(s)
- Name of the Village
- Name of Gram Panchayats
- Name of bank
- Details of caste whether the applicant(s) are beneficiaries of SC/ST/IAY/LR
- Signature or Thumb impression of applicants
- Identity Proof documents such a Ration card, Voter card.
How to Download MGNREGA JC:
Image Source from respected official https://nrega.nic.in
Persons those who have applied for this job card can easily download from the official website, by following below give steps
- Log on to the official website www.nrega.nic.in
- Select the particular state from where you have applied
III. On next tab MGNREGA gram panchayat module will be displayed
- Fill the module with necessary details such as
- Financial year
- District name
- Panchayat name
- Then click on proceed option, next window will be opened with job card number along with person name
- Then click on the desired person job card number
VII. Next will be display with all details along with photograph of the person will be displayed Click on the download option and take the printout of the MGNREGA Job card.
Leave a Reply