UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016 for 208 posts: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released recruitment notification for conducting the Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam-2016. Through this exam UPSC is going to recruit 208 geophysicist, geologist, chemist, junior Hydrogeologist (scientist B) posts. As these vacancies are present in the Geological Survey of India, Central Ground Water Board, it has issued the employment notification and welcoming applications from all interested and eligible candidates. Therefore aspirants those who are having enough educational qualification can apply for these vacancies through online. Online application process is going to start from 06-02-2016 to 04-03-2016 by 11:59 P.M. after the successful completion of application process candidates have to take the printout of filled application form for further usage. Other important details like age limit, educational qualification, are given below.
- UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist 208 Details:
Total No. of Posts: 208
Name of the Exam: Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016
- You are looking More Govt Jobs updates at Employment news Today
- Name of the Posts:
1. Category I (Posts in Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines): 206 Posts
I. Geologist, Group A: 121 posts
II. Geophysicist, Group A: 56 posts
III. Chemist, Group A: 29 posts
2. Category II (Posts in Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources): 02 Posts
I. Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B), Group A: 02 posts
- Age Limit: Candidates age should be between 21 years to 32 years for Category I posts, 21 years to 35 years for Category II posts as on the final date of 01-01-2016. Age relaxation would be applicable as per the government rules.
- Educational Qualification:
For Geologist: Candidates should have master’s degree in geological science/ geology/ applied geology/ geo-exploration,
For Geophysicist: Candidates should have M.Sc. in physics/ applied physics/ m.sc (geophysics),
For Chemist: Candidates should have M.Sc in chemistry or applied chemistry/ analytical chemistry
For Junior Hydrogeologist: candidates should have master’s degree in geology or applied geology or marine geology.
- Selection Process: Union Public Service Commission will employ the candidates based on the performance in written examination, personal interview/ personality test.
- Application Fee: Candidates have to pay application fee of Rs. 200/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI either by cash, or by using net banking facility State Bank of India/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Travancore/ State Bank of Patiala or by using any Visa/ Debit Card/ Master Credit. No application fee for SC/ ST/ PH/ female candidates.
- How to Apply: all interested and eligible candidates may apply through online. Where the application forms are available at the official website, so read and register the application form on or before the last date of 04-03-2016 by 11:59 P.M.
Important dates for UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist & Geologist Exam 2016:
- Starting date for the submission of application form: 06-02-2016
- Last date for the submission of application form: 04-03-2016 by 11:59 P.M
- Last date for payment of fee using debit/ credit card/ internet banking: 04-03-2016
- Date of competitive examination: 13-05-2016
- Date of verification of documents: July/ August 2016.
- Official Notification available here
- To Apply Online Applications available here
UPSC Examination Centres: Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Delhi, Dispur, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata , Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram