RRB JE , SSE & Other Posts Eligibility Criteria: The Railway Recruitment Control Board RRB is a government of India organization. It was established in 1998 in the Ministry of Railways located at New Delhi. It works for the appointment of new employees to work in Indian Railways. RRB’s have several boards working for it and they are situated in different pars of our Country. There are 19 RRB’s in India namely RRB Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhuvaneshwar, Bilaspur, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Jammu & Kashmir, Kolkata, Malda, Mumbai, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Ranchi,Secunderabad and Thiruvanathapuram.
RRB notification will be released by the Ministry of Railways , Government of India every year. It recruits the candidates for the posts of Junior Engineers, Senior Section Engineers, Depot Material Superintendent, Metallurgical & Chemical Assistant and Chief Depot Material Superintendent cadres. The candidates those who are interested to apply for the vacancies should possess the eligibility criteria as prescribed in the official notification.
The complete information about the eligibility like age limit and education criteria are given under in this website for the quick reference of RRB Aspirants.
RRB JE SSE & Other Posts Eligibility Criteria (Eligibility Criteria of RRB)
The candidates applying for the above mentioned posts should possess the age limit of 18 to 32 years for Junior Engineers, Depot Material Superintendent, Metallurgical and chemical assistants.
The age limit of 20 to 34 years are eligible in case of Senior Section Engineers and Depot Material Superintendent.
These age limits are as per 1st July 2015.
The date of birth for the candidates for different age groups is given below.
Age Limit Upper Age DOB Lower Age UR OBC SC/ST
18 to 32 Years 2-7-1983 1980 1978 1-7-1997
20 to 34 years 2-7-1981 1978 1976 1-7-1995
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit:
Age relaxation is applicable for the reserved candidates as given below.
· SC/ ST – 5 Years
· OBC – 3 Years
· PWD -10 years
· PWD OBC – 13 years
· PWD SC/ST – 15 Years
· Widows , Divorced Women and Women Judicially Separated from Husband but not remarried – 35 years for UR; 38 years for OBC; 40 years for SC/ST
· Ex Service man- Upto the extent of service rendered in defence plus 3 years provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation
· Serving Group C and Erstwhile Group D Railway Staff , Casual Labour and Substituates – 40 years for UR; 43 years for OBC; 45 years for SC/ST
The candidates should possess the following education qualifications as per norms given below.
· Senior Section Engineer / Senior Section Research Engineer / Engg – Four years Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Mechanical /Electrical /Electronics/ Manufacturing / Mechatronics/ Industrial / Machining /Tools & Die Making / Automobile / Production Engineering/M Sc Electronics / Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
· Chief Depot Material Superintendent – Degree in Engineering in any discipline from recognized institute or approved by AICTE.
· Junior Engineer – Three year Diploma in Civil Engineering / Mechanical / Electrical/ Electronics / Manufacturing / mechatronics/ Industrial / Machining / Instrumentation & control Tools Machining / Die Making / Automobile / Production Engineering / B Sc in civil engineering of three years or a combination of any discipline of basic streams of Civil from recognized university .
· Depot Material Superintendent – Diploma in Engineering from any stream from recognized institute approved by AICTE.
· Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant – Degree in Metallurgy / Chemical engineering from recognized university by AICTE or M Sc Degree in Chemical / Applied Chemistry from recog university.