Passport Application Status Online-How to apply for Passport at passportindia.gov.in: Passport is a primary travelling document issued by the Ministry of External affairs. Ministry of External affairs is an authorized body and functioning as the central passport organization. Ministry of External affairs has recently launched Passport Seva Kendras (PSK) which extremely simplified the procedure for obtaining passport. Now People can use the new system to obtain a passport within 3 days. There are 3 different kinds of passports are there. the official website at passportindia.gov.in
Table of Contents
Passport Online Application Status and Passport Applying Procedure
There are 3 different kinds of passports
In Deep Bluecovers which is issued to regular citizens for ordinary travel. And It is a Type “P” passport – P stands for personal.
In White covers which is issued to individuals representing the Indian government on official business. Andit is a Type “S” passport – S stands for Service.
In Maroon cover Issued to Indian diplomats, top ranking government officials and ambassadorial couriers andit is a Type “D” passport – D stands for Diplomat.
There are two methods of applying for fresh passport.
1.Online form submission.
2. Procedure for submission application at Passport Seva Kendras (PSKs) or Mini Passport Seva Kendras (Mini PSKs)
Online Form Submission Procedure:For filling and submitting passport applicationthroughonline,you need to have a registered user ID and Password on the Passport Seva website. So applicant must register his details on the website before submission. Applicant must follow the some of the steps to submit the online application. Passport application fees is about 1500 to 2000.
1. Logon to your Passport Seva user account.
2. Navigate to Apply Passport Online option in the left navigation menu.
3. Fill all the required details and particulars in the form and submit the application form online.
4. Upload all the required documents using the Upload Document option on the Applicant Home Page. Whatever thedocuments are uploadingthose are must be self-attested (signed by the applicant) and those are must be in pdf format.
5. Applicants are required to be present at the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Mini Passport Seva Kendra (Mini PSK) along with original documents for the completion of the application submission process.
6. Applicants have to re-submit the application in case the form submission process at PSK is not completed within 3 month of submitting the online application. and more information for Passport Application Status Online and procedure of applying at passportindia.gov.in